You can subscribe to this site for free using the email subscription form in the right hand column and will receive new post in your email inbox.
Are you stressed out? Do you struggle to sleep? Do you have stress headaches? Are you irritable and difficult to be around because of stress?
There are lots of reasons why people become stressed. I wouldn’t even begin to try and cover them all but here are a few things that cause stress in my life.
- A busy schedule.
- Too many un-finished projects or what Felicia and I call open circles.
- Conflict: Usually caused by misunderstandings but hard to resolve.
- Health Issues
- Apprehension about the future.
- And some things I won’t mention specifically.
- Make responsible decisions with your money.Sometimes financial stress is because of uncontrollable circumstance, the loss of a job, or an unexpected expense. Many times financial stress is the result of poor, irresponsible decisions. So be responsible today to prevent stress tomorrow.
- Financially responsibility begins by putting God first with your money. Tithing.
- Don’t take on unnecessary obligations. If your calendar is too full clear some things off of it.
- Finish some of those unfinished projects. Felicia and I call it “Closing Circles.” Start with the smallest/easiest projects that are hanging over your head and deal with them. Once the small things are out of the way you can concentrate on the big ones.
- Deal with conflict. Conflict happens. It might be with your spouse, someone at work or your church. It has been my experience that some things are better left alone while others need to be met head on. Only you will know.
- Take care of your body. I must be painfully transparent and tell you that I have lived most of my adult life in poor health and am just now really taking control of it by loosing weight and trying to do the right things.
- Get plenty of rest. Most experts agree that adults need at least seven hours of sleep per night. Late nights and early mornings lead to fatigue which leads to stress. Going back to the last point, I have learned that when I eat right, I sleep better. I feel so much better and am dealing with way less stress.
- Exercise. Again in the spirit of transparency I have struggled with discipline in the area of exercise. Not because of laziness but because of allowing myself to be too busy with other things. Make time for exercise. Put it on your schedule as an appointment and keep that appointment. I am now beginning an exercise regimen. I don’t want to sound hypocritical. I do know that through the years when stressed a good brisk walk or lifting some weights, golf or shooting basketball has done wonders.
- Instead of worrying about it, PRAY ABOUT IT. Philippians 4:6&7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.what do you do about stress? I’m not a doctor and I can’t give you any real scientific data but what I can do is tell you how I deal with stress
- Be Positive. Think positive, talk positive and avoid people who want you to be negative. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
- Spend time with the most important people in your life. Your Family.
You can overcome stress. Yes there will still be those days that you will forget to do the things to cut stress off at the pass but, when you realize that stress is settling in, don’t wait. Do something about it.
Leave a comment. Let my other readers and I know how you battle stress.