I love to read. Admittedly when I started blogging and podcasting my reading schedule hit a wall. I started this year with intent to read 52 books. I’m not going to make it. Now I’m hoping to finish with 30. But, I do love to read.
Catagories of the books I like to read include:
- Fiction – Clean Stories. I really like legal thrillers.
- Leadership – Anything that will help me grow as a leader.
- Christian Life – Books that encourage me and help me in my life as a follower of Christ.
I think books make great gifts for someone who likes to read. Their not expensive and they bring pleasure. If the reader in your life is like me not only do they like to read they like to collect books. There are those who like to read but would rather use an electronic device such as a Kindle or iPad. Oh by the way Kindle’s and iPads are AWESOME Christmas gifts.
Disclaimer: Real Issues (JeffScurlock.com) is an Amazon affiliate and the links in this post are affiliate links. That simply means that if you click on one of our links and then make a purchase while at Amazon that we will make a small commission. Those commission’s would help us with the expense of this internet business and would be much appreciated.
I also want you to know that these links are for products I do recommend. If I provide a link for something I haven’t used or read I will tell you at the link.
- Killing Lincoln, Bill O’Reilly HISTORY- Excellent, historical book written in a very entertaining way.
- Killing Kennedy. Bill O’ Reilly HISTORY – NOTE: I have not read this book yet but plan to. If it’s as good as Killing Lincoln it is good.
- The Circle Maker, Mark Batterson PRAYER – A must read for every believer.
- In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day, Mark Batterson . Excellent
- The Eye of A Needle, Jeff Scurlock, I wrote it! I’m proud of it! Very encouraging book.
- Weird, Craig Groeschel (9) 238 pages.
- Crazy Love, Francis Chan (10) 186 pages. This is another one of those books that you need to read if you are a radical, sold out Christian or want to be.
- Not A Fan,Kyle Idleman (9) 200 pages. Good book on being a follower of Christ.
- Spirit Rising,Jim Cymbala
- Wrecked: When A Broken World Slams Into Your Comfortable Life. Jeff Goins. This is the best book I have ever read.
- Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson I like biographies and I was very interested in the whole Apple and Steve Jobs thing. It was very detailed and very eye opening.
- Beyond Justice, Joshua Graham I accidentally downloaded this book to the Kindle app on my iPad thinking I was purchasing a John Grisham book. I was well into this book when I realized that it wasn’t a Grisham book but by then the book had me gripped. This is an awesome, legal thriller with Christianity in it. If you like fiction.READ IT!