Today we hear of yet another mass murder. One that again involves a school and children. If you have a heart this news grieves you.
Already the liberal, anti-gun talking heads are crying out for gun control.
The problem is not guns. The problem is sin and the rejection of God by a nation that once stood on Godly values.
There was a time (we’re told) that chewing gum was the number one disciplinary problem in public schools. Then it began.
- Prayer was removed from the public schools.
- Eventually God and any mention of Him was removed from schools even to the point that students are persecuted in many schools for their faith and threatened with trouble if they have the nerve to mention God.
- God has been ejected from the town square. Demonic organizations such as the ACLU have fought and won court battle after battle to have things such as Nativity Scenes removed from government property.
- Prayer has been removed from just about anything that doesn’t take place in the private confines of a church building.
- Wars are being raged over our national declaration “In God We Trust,” to have it removed from our currency.
- Now we hear on the news that the pledge of allegiance is bad because of the phrase ‘Under God.”
- Now Christmas is under attack because it’s a Christian Observance.
And we wonder how it is that a nation, a world has become so violent. So, anti-good.
Many churches and church organizations are not helping the cause.
- In many pulpits the Gospel has been watered down as to not offend anyone.
- Churches have become liberal in the attempt to draw the “seeker” into their church and in doing so have omitted the many times that God confronts us through His Word about our sin.
- In a time when we should be calling our Christian troops to attention and preparing them for battle we have fewer worship services because we need “family time.” I’ll tell you what we need. We need to be teaching our children the importance of the house of God and learning the Word of God.
It’s not just the liberals and the churches. Christian parents are responsible too. That’s right. It’s time we take responsibility. I understand that what I’m about to say may not be you. You may not fit the description of the parents I mention below but, you know someone who does.
- It’s more important to some Christian parents that their children are popular than Godly.
- Parents allow their children to be exposed (in the home) to music, television, internet, games and more that are violent, sexual and even perverted.
- Many Christian Parents find it easier to just ignore or look the other way when their children are going down the wrong path. It’s just easier to look away and have peace than to confront and battle the forces of darkness that are coming into their home and their family.
- Some Christian parents will spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to make sure their child excels in the world of Little League Baseball and other athletic activities. Some of these same parents will not come up with less than a hundred dollars to send their son or daughter to a Christian camp.
- They can pay for baseball gloves, tennis rackets, automobiles, popular labeled clothing and more but roll their eyes up in their heads in disgust when the kid wants to go to church camp or participate in an activity in their church and money is involved.
I could rant on and on. My point in all of this is that the lack of gun control is not the reasons we live in a violent world. This world is in a violent, ungodly state because God has been rejected and even some who claim to be Christian put just about everything above God in their priorities.
The end of time as we know it is about to be over. Jesus is coming! Are you Ready?
2 Timothy 3:1-5
3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!