It’s been four days since the iPhone was officially released. My iPhone 5 had a rough life. I didn’t use a case and I was on my third screen glass which was broken. So I decided that I would get the new 6 and I got it the day it was released. I’ve never had new technology immediately. I’m usually late.
I first struggled as to if would get the 6 or the 6 Plus. The extra features in the video camera on the Plus appealed to me. I tried for days leading up to the release to find someone who had at least a dummy model of the Plus so I could see how it fit in my hand. It never happened. Friday September 19th I stood in my local Verizon store waiting for my turn at the desk. While waiting I did some quick research. I found out the size of the iPhone 6 Plus was almost identical to that of the Galaxy Note 3. I could get my hand on the demo Note 3 in the store and it was HUGE. There was no way that with my hands I could do any one handed operation with the Plus so my decision was made. I would get the iPhone 6.
About forty five minutes later I walked out of the store, new 64 GB iPhone 6 in hand. Here are my first impressions.
- I love the size. The Phone (in a Trident Case) fit Perfectly in my hand. It’s still really big compared to the 5. It’s still a stretch for me to do some things one handed but I love it.
- The display is extremely sharp. I can’t imagine videos being any better.
- The camera takes exquisite pictures.
- The internal speaker is robust. Great sound.
- The internet speed is noticeably faster than my old 5.
- I could have updated my old 5 to IOS 8 but did not. I love IOS 8 for so many reasons. One thing I really like is the response when using voice to text, which I do a lot with texting. IOS 8 displays each word as it is spoken.
- Phone calls are crisper.
WHAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THE IPHONE 6……… Drum Rolllllllllll. The Lock Button. The lock button has been moved from the top of the phone to the right side. After four days I’m still reaching a finger to the top to lock my phone. I know I will get used to it but it seems to me to be an unnecessary change. Change just for the sake of change.
Bottom Line: So far so good, I really like the iPhone 6. I know this has not been a technical review. If you want that go to CNET or some other tech site. This is just me talking to you. Be Blessed.